Bright Cherry Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as well as other laws and codes. At Bright Cherry we understand that privacy is important to our clients and we are committed to ensuring that any personal information about you that we hold is respected and protected at all times.
The type of personal information that we collect depends on how you chose to interact with us. For example, we may collect the following kinds of personal information:
- contact details such as your name, address, email and telephone number;
- information about your experience with Bright Cherry, including your use of our services;
Bright Cherry may also collect sensitive information about you – however, we only do so with your consent and/or as authorised by law.
Why we collect
Bright Cherry collects personal information for various purposes that enable us to provide our clients with excellent service. This may include:
- to enable us to identify and communicate with our clients;
- marketing our products and services (for example through special offers, competitions, promotions and special events);
- responding to client enquiries;
- improving our services through regular feedback from our clients; and
- providing customer support.
If we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the best service that you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect
The way in which we collect personal information and the sources from which we collect such information depends on how you choose to interact with us. For example, we may collect personal information from or through:
- you calling us through our office;
- you or someone you know giving us feedback or making a complaint;
- your participation in special offers, promotions and special events;
- your use of our website and mobile website or related social media pages;
- your use of our social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter;
- online transactions;
- telephone transactions;
- credit card purchases; and
- third parties.
How we protect personal information
Bright Cherry stores personal information in both hard copy and electronic form. Bright Cherry is committed to maintaining the safety and security of your personal information and has measures in place so that this can be achieved.
These measures include:
- ensuring that personal information stored in hard copy form is kept under locked security whenever practicable; and
- ensuring that personal information stored in electronic form is password protected or encrypted whenever practicable.
How we use personal information
Bright Cherry will only use your personal information as permitted by law. This means that we will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as those referred to above) or for a purpose related, or in the case of sensitive information directly related, to that purpose. Bright Cherry does not use any Government related identifiers (such as your driver licence number) as our own identifier for you.
Bright Cherry may use and disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) for the purpose of direct marketing. However, we only do so as permitted by law and in circumstances where:
- you have consented to such use or disclosure, or the circumstances are such that it is impracticable to obtain such consent; and
- you are given an opportunity to request not to receive direct marketing communications from us and have not made such a request. If at any time you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us you can let us know by contacting us on the details provided below.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may access your personal information or request that your personal information be updated or corrected. You can do this by contacting us on the details provided below and we will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. You will not be charged a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, fees and charges may apply for providing the requested information. There are certain circumstances in which we may be unable to provide you with access to your personal information. For example where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
Where access to your personal information is refused, Bright Cherry will nevertheless provide you with written reasons for the refusal. In those circumstances, we may instead provide you with a summary of your personal information. Contact Us If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, or would like more information about how Bright Cherry manages your personal information, please contact:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Bright Cherry Pty Ltd
483 Riley St
Surry Hills NSW 2017